Nov 1, 2010

Halloween Sunday

Yesterday was Halloween, so happy late holiday! To celebrate my husband and I watched classic scary movies and ate left over trick-or-treater candy. That's right, left over candy on Halloween night.

Enterprise, along with other cities in the area, moved trick-or-treating to Saturday night. This sparked a great debate between my husband and myself. He said it was because it was on a Sunday night, a school night. My rebuttal was simple, so what happens when Halloween is on a Mon.-Thurs. night? He went silent, I just smiled. Then I gave my opinion on the matter. It's the South, and Sunday's are God's day so they don't want to share that with Halloween, a holiday dealing with spirits and "evil."

Anyway, I just found it funny that they moved the holiday and felt bad for my friends with children that didn't get the message until they had trick-or-treaters at the door and scrabbled to get their kiddos out in time. We were lucky to have candy on hand, and be home to pass out candy, thank you map project.

No comments:

Post a Comment