Oct 29, 2010

Puppy Dog Tail


Due to my husbands flight school schedule I was dubbed his puppies trainer. So far this little, ok not so little, 5 month old can sit and stay both verbally and with hand signals. Lay down is a work in progress but I am crossing my fingers that by the end of next week she will have it down.

Now for the hard part...teaching her not to dig in the back yard. She started this bad habit about a month ago and has increased her digging substantially. I have looked up advice on the internet, asked the vet and fellow puppy owners, and even tried yelling at those cute little puppy eyes. Today, my husband luckily has the day off and tried a tactic of his own, water. She is afraid of the garden hose. It is extremely funny to watch her try and get away from it, but that's besides the point. So when she started digging he went outside, turned on the hose, and sprayed her. It seemed to be working but then she started again. I guess this will be a good test for a new technique to get her to learn how not to dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment