Oct 25, 2010

A Healthy Lifestyle

So I have come to the decision that it's time for me to be living a more heathy lifestyle. How did I come to this conclusion? It's simple...I just don't feel healthy.

Yes, my health issues — a big surgery and my pneumonia deciding to welcome itself back — has made me a little lazy and not wanting to really care, but now that I am turning a corner on both of those things, it's time to get me going again. Not to mention my hubby is a little over a month away from a PT test so he is kicking it into high gear.

These are my first baby steps I am taking to get myself back to where I can look in the mirror and say "I look and feel good."

  1. Cut Out The Crap: This includes my two addictions, Dr Pepper and ice cream.
  2. Yoga It Up: I just recently asked, and then received, yoga gear and DVDs for my birthday. This should help, not only my body, but my mind.
  3. Get My Creative Juices Flowing: Part of me not feeling healthy is also part mental. I realized I need to start working my mind out to and to do this I am going to start spending at least 30 min a day going out and taking photos, work on design projects or write.
  4. Puppy Love: I have a two year old mini husky and my husband has a (just turned) 5 month old lab/coon hound mix. I am going to spend some time each day having alone time with my pup, and then spend some training time with the newer pup. This should not only get me some cardio workouts in every week, but also help the house run a little less crazy (fingers crossed).
  5. Menu Matters: In my last semester in college I needed a filler class so I picked a nutrition class. Well, it's time to put that class to use and start eating healthy and right. This not only means me, but my husband as well. We are going to start eating five small meals a day, lower our fat/sugar intakes and eat the correct portion for each meal. This might be hard at the beginning but I will be worth it.
  6. Organization Is Key: With all of this baby steps I want to implement into my life I need to get organized. I need to dust off my planner and start getting myself into a routine. This shouldn't be to hard do, I mean before I was lazy I was one of the most organized people in my little world. This will also help with meal planning and my new work out schedule.
I know this looks like a lot of work for just starting to get myself back to feeling healthy but in reality it's not. It's a lifestyle change, not "I want to lose 20 pounds in one month" kind of stuff. This will be better in the long run while making us lose weight, keep it off, and make us more mentally sound.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment