We are inviting all the single and close couples to us over to our house for a big pot luck. That way no one has to be alone and away from family, yes flight school is like it's own little family, on a holiday. My husband is cooking the turkey and the mashed potatoes, I am in charge of the pies, pumpkin and apple, and everything else is coming with our guests.
It's holidays like this that make me remember why we are true celebrating and what we really have in our lives to be thankful for. These are some of mine:
- My husband, who is my best friend, and our little family
- Finding friends in unexpected places
- Rainy days and the first snowfall of the season
- Curling up with a good book
- My mom and dad who support me no matter what
- and the fact I live in a country where it is ok to be a woman and it's ok to be free