Jan 12, 2011

Final Hints of Christmas

Well, I have been a little distracted with getting the rest of the holiday pictures up onto the blog. Subconsciously, I think if I get these posts done I actually have to get of the "vacation" horse.  So here I go, the last set of photos from our Christmas vacation and a few stories too.


The second full night in Arizona my husband and I went on a double date with one of my best friends and her boyfriend of 7 years (yes, still just dating). We went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants and enjoyed some good conversation and amazing food, I got the enchiladas. We then ventured to an older neighborhood in Tucson to enjoy the annual Christmas light competition. My husband had no idea what he was in for, but I have been going to this since before I could remember. It was great to see all the different houses decked out in their best Christmas lights. The city also holds a competition and hands out awards like the "mail man award," for the best decorated mail box, and of course the "best dressed," which is the number one house of the year.


We then took an quick trip up north when my husband found out one of his groomsmen was visiting his grandparents for Christmas. The day was full of exploring the desert, watching the wildlife, and most importantly catching up with great friend.


If you were wondering what the puppies did on their vacation, they hung out at my parents house running around, eating anything they could find, and chasing critters. Not only did they entertain themselves, my parents loved having them around. They lost their last dog a few days after our wedding. My husband and I also liked that they had lots of land to expend energy. This also opened our eyes to the fact that when we move after flight school we need a BIG yard.


To end our trip we celebrated with about 200 of my families closest friends with a Christmas Eve party. My dad cooked his traditional Christmas Eve Mexican beef, we exchanged gifts and laughs, and just had a great party. Not to mention had some even more amazing food and treats.


Overal the trip was amazing. My husband got a much needed rest of the academic world of flight school and I got to visit my home for the first time in over a year. Now, I guess it's back to reality and the flight school way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment