Nov 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

When my husband and I got married we decided to split the holidays between our families. It would be easier due to everyone living in different states. Thanksgiving was my husbands families holiday, however, this year, with some unseen events happening, we did not have that traditional family Thanksgiving so I was "alone" here in Texas.

Lucky, I have made a good support system and, from co-workers to friends, I had numerous offers to spend the day with people.


To make things easy, I just went with the person that asked me first. The evening was wonderful. We watched a football game and then we all just sat back as my friend finished preparing all of the food herself. The food was really good and I was so proud of her for doing it all on her own, she was very, very nervous it wouldn't turn out.

As for the family I was adopted into for the day, it was my friend, her husband and in-laws, her parents, brother and sister in-law, and their two little girls {one 5, the other 3}. Of course I made quick friends with the little ones, especially when they found out I could draw and color. I also warmed up to the rest of the family, and them me, quickly.

Overall, while it wasn't what I thought would happen this year, it was still nice to be in a family environment when I felt welcomed and thankful for everything I have.

I hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment