Nov 20, 2011

Deployment Upadte

I know I have to be vague on deployment details, but I realized I have not given an update in a long time.

My husband is doing as well as he can be, minus the hit or miss communication and 10 min showers with {sometimes} not enough water. He is even starting to connect and make friends with guys in his unit, which I am very, very happy about. My husband is kind of shy, and with him being one of the youngest, making some guy friends was one of my biggest concerns. To help with the guy bonding, my husband has started a weekly football game with the guys. Not only does that help them all connect and get some much needed energy out, it also helps pass the time over there.

As for the fighting, well, we really don't talk about that too much. I don't want to hear about the malfunctioning helicopters, people getting hurt, or some missions. It helps keep my mind calm and, unless it is something major that effects my husband a lot, makes me think things are all good. Yes, I know that's not the best, to live in this dream world, but I think it helps us both because he talks about other things and I can not worry as much.

The guys are actually getting ready to mobilize and move somewhere else soon, but of course I don't know those details, and even if I did I wouldn't be able to disclose them on here.

Luckily for us, this movement does not affect his RandR. We are still unsure what the exact dates will be, but we know for sure it will be sometime closer to the start of the year. Trust me, as soon as I get a date, the count down will begin.

If I think of anything else to report on the deployment update I will post it quickly so I don't forget. Now, it's time to make some dinner and watch some more football.

No comments:

Post a Comment