Now back to the food. One of the things I was in charge of making was the guacamole, my mothers recipe. It was a big hit and I feel like it's a good staple dip that anyone can make.
Quick note about the photo, it's the only one I could get because everyone had their hands in the dish.
3 Avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
1 Lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 Red onion, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro
1. In a large bowl mix avocado and half of the lime juice. Mash together with a potato masher.
2. Once mashed to a almost smooth consistency, add salt, cumin, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Then add onions, tomato, cilantro, garlic, and the rest of the lime juice. Mix well.
4. Taste to see if you need to add a little bit more of anything (sometimes the lime can be over powering).
5. Let sit for 30 min. in a refrigerated area.