Feb 10, 2011

Duty Stations: No Worry for Me

Yesterday, my husbands, and the one after his, Blackhawk class found out where their first duty stations are going to be. I was very excited for some of our friends because they got one of their top three choices. However, about 50% of the people did not get anything on their list.

This is one of those moments I am happy I married a National Guard guy. We knew what state and post we belonged to before my husband even graduated from college and the colleges ROTC program because the state paid for his schooling. It also makes me happy that we did not have to deal with the disappointment of not getting one of our top three duty station choices.

Hopefully, our friends will turn their moods around and realize that in two or three years they get to go somewhere else. I also hope they realize that everything happens for a reason and once they get to their new homes great things could start to happen.

Once again, I am happy I don't have to go through this emotional flight school, and general military step, but once again I feel for those that do.

No comments:

Post a Comment