Jun 6, 2011

Out of Shape

So remember many posts ago where I was turning over a new leaf and making myself be productive...well, I have been failing at my goal.

How do I know this, there are many answers to that question, but today it finally sunk in. I got home from work around 6:15 p.m. and my husbands puppy {who is now almost a year} Annie, was running around the apartment, Todd {my dog} and I did not know what to do with her. Then I asked myself, when was the last time I took her for a run...

...that was the look I had on my face, blank. I looked at her and said, "Ok pup, let me get changed and lets do this." Her tail started going crazy and she patiently, ok not so patiently waited for me. We ended up running a little over a mile and, oh. my. goodness. I am so out of shape it's not even funny, and let me tell you, it was a good thing that Annie was too.

After a BIG glass of water and a long shower, I sat down, got out my planner {which I have been sadly neglecting} and started writing down my schedule. Not only work, special days, and generic stuff, but a work out schedule and project goals. This is going to help me stay out of my own head when my husband officially has his boots on the ground with his deployment. I mean, if I can get into a good routine now, I should {should being the operative word} be able to keep it up in the long run.

Good thing I have my two furry friends to remind me of the working out part, and to bad it is now summer in Texas. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment