May 15, 2011

Are You Freaking Kidding Me?!?

I know, I know, I have been a very bad blogger and have so much to fill you in on still. Work is so crazy I have hardly had time to play with the puppies or go grocery shopping.

Anyway, this happened today while at work with one of my co-workers. As I think I have mentioned before, I work with a bunch of guys and only 5 other females. Of course, I have one female co-worker that did not like me right from the get go because I clicked with everyone and she did not feel like she was the alpha she dog any more.

Well today, some of the guys were asking how my husband was doing back in Kansas getting ready for deployment. Before I could even get a full sentence out, she says, "Your husband is in the guard, it's not like he is full time army so it's not like it's that big of a deal."

I wanted to punch her in the face.

Yes, he is not active duty but that doesn't mean that he still has to do typical Army things, and go through the same things throughout a deployment. I had to try to explain, that the big difference between the two is that we don't have to move every two years, and that my husband gets to have another job when not doing military things.

She just shrugged it off and went on her merry way. The guys in the office with me did not know how to react. After a few more seconds they both looked at me and said that my husband was just as Army as anyone else and that it's probably harder from him and myself, because we have to live a "civilian" life and military one all at the same time.

While it was nice of them to say that I was still upset and the only thought still going through my head was, "Are you freaking kidding me?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment